Last updated: June 2018
1. Personal information we collect
When used in this policy, “personal information” has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you.
The personal information we collect from you is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions. We may collect the following types of personal information from you:
- residential or business address
- email address
- post code
- age and date of birth
- telephone number
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may collect other information as further set out in our application forms or during the recruitment process. This may include information relating to your employment history, working eligibility rights, suitability for the role you are applying for, and your referee details
2. Other information that we collect
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- your preferences and a list of products and services you have accessed or purchased from us. This may include your browsing history on our website, product types, varieties or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the method of delivery;
- information collected via our secure payment processing systems.
3. Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information for the primary reason of being able to sell our products to you. In addition we collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following activities:
- to provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- to communicate with you, including about products and services and special offers which might interest you;
- to answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- to engage with you online and via social media;
- to create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- to provide your personal information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- to carry out administration, marketing, planning, procurement, product and service development, quality control and research to improve the way we provide products and services to you;
- to consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- to comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, to assess your suitability for a position with us.
4. If we are unable to collect your personal information
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all of the following may occur:
- we may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- we may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have licensed or purchased from us, or may intend to licence or purchase in the future;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, we may not be able to process your application.
7. Unsolicited information
We will endeavour to only take information from you which is reasonably necessary for our business functions. If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the personal information you have provided to us is not reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our business functions or activities, we may de-identify or delete this information without notifying you to protect your privacy.
8. How we collect your personal information
We usually collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so.
Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- when you register with us by creating an account, or subscribe to our newsletters;
- when you access and use our website or interact with us via social media or online;
- when you provide information to our team members;
- when you complete purchase orders, registrations, requests or applications for our products or services (by phone, in person or electronically);
- when you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- when you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events; or
- if you are a candidate for employment, when you complete forms in relation to the recruitment and selection process, for the purpose of assessment.
9. How we hold your personal information
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties. If you provide information to us in hard copy (paper) this information is normally retained in our files and a copy is made to our electronic files.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
11. Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any of the purposes listed earlier to any of the following:
- our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry service providers;
- our related companies and brands;
- our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes;
- if you are a candidate for an employment position involving a third party with whom we have an agreement, to that third party to assess your application;
- if required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities; and
- for any other purpose permitted by law.
12. Direct Marketing
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us or our retail brands, partners or suppliers via the channels you have nominated. This may include, but is not limited to, email, SMS, regular mail, social media and other digital channels.
If you have indicated a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method wherever practical to do so. You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received. NOTE: If you select No to receiving our 'New Release' e-newsletters at the time you register for a User Account (Login access) for our website, you may still receive emails from Beatbox Music about matters directly relating to the functionality of the website and/or your User Account while your User Account is active. You may update your personal information by editing your User Account profile or request that we delete your User Account by emailing us at the contact information provided below.
13. How you may access your information
You may access your personal information held by us by making a request to us.
Post: Beatbox Music, PO Box 669, Pennant Hills NSW 2120, Australia.
Ph: +61 2 9484 2321
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail), and we may charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of others we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
14. Correction of your personal information
If you would like us to update or amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments.
We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 48 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 5 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.
16. Overseas disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties and service providers located overseas in connection with one of the purposes listed earlier, including where our shipping, courier and warehousing partners are located abroad.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
17. Contacting us
Post: Beatbox Music, PO Box 669, Pennant Hills NSW 2120, Australia
Ph: +61 2 9484 231